Saturday, April 30, 2011

The final count down...

36 weeks and cooking

I need to post an update.. I am slacking. I had a doctor's appointment last week and it was a quick one. BP was up at my first try but then I laid down and it went drastically down. I don't know what the deal is with my BP when I get to the doctor. It's been fairly low when I check it at home. I don't know if it's nerves or what but Dr. Hahn said she isn't too concerned since it does go down when I take it easy, so she said continue to take it easy. Otherwise, Halle's heart rate was good and I am alright. I am still swelling, which is pretty :). The most annoying part of the water retention is the carpool tunnel. My right hand is now almost all numb. It started with my middle finger but is now my entire hand for the most part which just feels funny and my notes at work are pretty sloppy. ha.

Speaking of work I have 2 more weeks left until I go on leave. I was going to try to stick it out until Halle arrived but my Mom talked me into going out 2 weeks before her due date. It is getting harder, it is hard to get up and down with my little ones at work and the drive is tough in the morning after not sleeping so well. My bosses are extremely understanding and have been really helpful in helping me figure out my maternity leave schedule and what my schedule will be when I get back. Deciding on my return schedule has been the tough part. Trying to figure out working enough to survive but trying to make it so that I can spend as much time as I can afford to with our little girl.  Just like everyone says "You figure it out." The unknown is a little unsettling but it's worth it. I am a little more of a control freak then I thought I guess :).

I have a consultation appointment with the Pediatrician that we would like to use on Monday and I have my next doctor's appointment on Friday. The cervical exam on Friday should be telling! Fun times! :)

1 comment:

  1. You do figure it out. It was much easier with the second because I had experience. The first one is so new and unknown. Try to remember it's all a learning experience and no decision you make is set in stone. You can learn and change things if something isn't working.

    ReplyDelete