Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thunder thighs!

We had another Dr. appointment on Friday. We got an ultrasound first to check on my placenta previa. Placenta Previa RESOLVED! Woop woop. Along with that good news we got to see Halle for the first time in 12 weeks and boy is she a chubby little girl. We confirmed that she is in fact still a girl :). The tech called her an over achiever as she is already head down. She has definitely grown since our 20 week ultrasound, we could see the little chubby on her legs. Poor little girl has no hope, she is destined to have tree stumps for legs :). Although, she may be a gymnast as she had one of her feet up by her face. "Little" might not be the right way to describe Halle as she is in the 72%tile. She is already measuring at 4.5-5lbs. If she continues at this pace and goes until May 30th she could be 8.5lbs, which is good size for a little girl. Her growth is measuring at exactly at May 20th which is super weird because for some reason that date has been stuck in my brain. I mixed up our wedding anniversary with that date and I keep perseverating on that date. I will feel extremely psychic if she arrives on that date :). Everything else is checking out good, her heart rate was good and my fluid levels are good.

On a side note, I tend to have minor mental break downs before we go in for our ultrasounds. I don't have this issue for regular appointments only ultrasounds. I get extremely anxious right before hand and cry, purely out of fear. In past ultrasounds I have been able to have these melt downs in ample time before our arrival at the doctors office, so I am able to get it together before we get there. This time I was meeting Arce at the office. I had my meltdown in the car and thought I had gotten it together. However, the minute I saw Arce in the waiting room, it started all over again, ha. This scared the crap out of everyone in the office, as if they have  never seen a crazy pregnant woman before. The tech made Arce give me a hug before I got up on the chair for the ultrasound. The nurse that always takes me into my appointments caught a glimpse of me running into the bathroom to leave my sample and she was waiting for me outside after asking if I was ok.  She got us in our room ASAP. Mind you at this time I was well over my meltdown so it just shows what a hot mess I was afterwards haha.  Anyways, I thought it was extremely nice for every one to be so concerned and also kind of comical.

My blood pressure was good again at this appointment. I have been swelling a lot this week but since my bp has returned to normal and my urine is good, it looks like it is just typical pregnancy swelling. So overall everything is good and my next appointment is in 2 weeks.

We are continuing to work on Halle's room. We have completed our CPR class, new baby care class and our hospital tour. We have our birthing class next Saturday. Each class makes it a lot more real. All in all, hoping for an uneventful last 7 weeks of pregnancy!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe little Halle will be here in 7 weeks!!! You're doing a great job lady!!! You're almost there and then you can move your crazy melt downs onto the fact that she's growing so fast!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I think you are right on track. I got huge with Brooklyn and she was enduced a week early because she was measuring big and big babies run in my family and Brooklyn ended up being 8lb. 12oz. So i am a little bias but big babies are great. Take it easy these last few weeks try to stay off your feet as much as possible in the evenings. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete