Monday, July 25, 2011

2 months..

Little Miss is 2 months old today! She had a growth spurt last week, so it will definitely be interesting to see what she weighs at her 2 month appointment on Wednesday!

I thought I would list all the new and wonderful things Miss Halle has taught me over the last 2 months:
1. Sleep is IMPORTANT; however, it is scarce most of the time. 6 hours straight is a heaven sent!
2. The first couple weeks of caring for a newborn are FREAKING hard. I knew it wouldn't be easy but hormones paired with minimal sleep paired with a crying baby is enough to get any committed to the looney bin.
3. Poop is exciting! I never would have guessed that a common topic of conversations between Arce and I would be about Halle's poop. From whether or not the bomb was dropped today to the color and consistency. And there are often times when I get excited that she poops.
4. Showering is a luxury. I have mastered the 3 minute shower. Thank god for dry shampoo and pony tails. I am fully capable of reaching my legs and shaving them now; however, who has the time. I cherish my weekend 10 minute showers now.
5. She may only weigh 10 pounds but she makes the rules. Our life style has definitely slowed down a ton since the little girl has gotten here but we have also had to turn down an event or two because Lil Miss was having a bad day.
6. When baby is sad, Mommy is sad. I have gotten so much better at tolerating her crying; however, when Halle has a BAD day, not only is she drained but so am I. This happened yesterday morning, we had visited with some friends the night before and she became very over stimulated but the symptoms didn't show up until we got home. She hardly slept and cried all morning. She was back to normal by noon but I took the rest of the day to recover. It's crazy how much I can feel her pain.
7. Anything she does is cute, except crying and not sleeping. Those aren't cute but pretty much everything else she does makes me laugh. Who knew spit bubbles could look so good.
8. Arce and I are now second rate citizens in our own home. Along the same lines of her making the rules, Arce and I are no longer allowed to think of ourselves. As much as we would like to lose our post baby weight right this instant, we have to work around what the baby needs. NOW I know why they only say to gain 25lbs, it's impossible to do anything but take care of the baby for the first couple months.
9. Even though she doesn't have words doesn't mean she can't yell at us. Halle is already yelling at Arce and I. She is going to be a very feisty teenager. What goes around comes around. My Mom and Dad are going to have many instances of "Hmmm that sounds familiar" I am sure.
10. Naps are the most efficient hour of the day ((If that..)) When Halle goes down for a nap a list runs through my head. What should I do? Shower, eat, fold laundry, sweep the floor. When I am able to get 3 things done during a nap. It is a good day.


We have learned so much over the last 2 months, I can only imagine what is to come.

Here are some out takes from Halle's 2 months photos:



1 comment:

  1. Heidi- Thank you for sharing the new Halle J pictures and sharing everything you and Arce have learned. I would love to see a list of what Paco, Chester, and Frank have learned :). hehe. Love you all!

    -Great Auntie Lisa

    ReplyDelete