Sunday, March 13, 2011

Appointment update..

I went in for my monthly Dr's appointment on Friday, I got my rhogam shot ((which is in your glute and kinda hurt! haha). Everything is looking good, Halle's got a nice strong heart rate of 160, Dr said she is an active baby :). They were a little worried because my blood pressure was elevated. So far through this pregnancy my blood pressure has been normal but on Friday it was high, I laid down and relaxed and they took it again and it was still high. It obviously made me nervous and I asked her if it was dangerously high and she said no but she did say that she wanted to see me again in 2 weeks versus 4 weeks. So I am going back on the 25th to get my blood pressured checked out. This little cause for concern made Arce and I a little nervous, so we have begun to do our research and decided to really keep an eye on our sodium in take and take other precautions to make sure we keep my/our blood pressure down. Pregnancy induced hypertension is not uncommon and it can be managed and treated. It is linked to Preclampsia which can be potentially dangerous for Halle and I, so that is why the Dr is being so cautious about it. I don't have any other preclampsia symptoms at this time but I will definitely be more aware of my body and do my best to keep my blood pressure low! I will be honest I was pretty bummed on Friday but thanks again to my awesome Husband, I am feeling good about our proactiveness to keep Miss Halle healthy :).

On another note, Arce and I went spent the early evening with my good friend Theresa from Perfect Shots Photography and we took maternity photos in Laguna Beach yesterday. It was a lot of fun and Theresa is an amazing photographer. She already uploaded some of the photos to her blog last night. Once we get the CD from her I will post some on Miss Halle's site.  Here is the link to Perfect Shots Photography Blog: http://theperfectshotsphotography.blogspot.com ! Check out their awesome photos!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad they're keeping an eye on your BP. I can always come over and take it for you in the mean time, I'll be your and Halle's personal nurse. Just say the word!

    Your pictures are beautiful LP ♥

    ReplyDelete