Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Relax don't do it..

That's what I have been told to do.... Yesterday I was just getting started with one of my clients and I saw stars for a minute. It went away but for the rest of the day I was having waves of light headedness and a bit of dizziness. I just wasn't feeling right. I discussed this with my bosses and they both decided that since my blood pressure was high on Friday that I should call the doctor on my way home. I called and spoke with the nurse and she told me to go home lay on my left side, drink water and relax for the night, if it got worse or I saw stars again to go to labor and delivery. Since my blood pressure was high on Friday she wanted me to go in to see the doctor this morning. I saw the doctor this morning and they took my blood pressure again and it was higher than it was on Friday. Again, they made me lay down. The nurse took my blood pressure a couple minutes later when I was laying down and it went back down to normal range. My doctor is concerned that my blood pressure keeps fluctuating so she wants me to monitor it every day and watch for the other preclampsia symptoms (which I still don't really have, thankfully). If my blood pressure gets high again like it was today, she said to call ASAP. She said to monitor, decrease sodium, drink lots of water and TAKE IT EASY.

I have difficulty with this whole relaxing thing, not even just sitting down. I have a tendency to stress, kinda like my father-the major stress case. I have also been pretty anxious, I get anxious right before each doctor appointment and then after Friday's appointment my anxiety didn't necessarily subside like it typically does. After thinking about my appointment I have decided this could possibly be Halle's way of telling me to do what her Popi tells me to do all the time.....RELAX. I freaked when my blood pressure was higher today than it was on Friday, especially because I had been watching my sodium and drinking lots of water. I laid down and I closed my eyes and I just breathed in and out, she began to move around and it was actually kind of soothing to focus on her movement. The nurse took my blood pressure and it was significantly lower after doing this. I have taken this as a sign  that she wants me to take time everyday and relax and meditate on her. She completely deserves this, so that I will do. I think they are ganging up on me already :).

2 comments:

  1. I know it's hard to relax right now. We all want you and Miss Halle J to be in tip-top shape :).

    -Auntie Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meditation works wonders LP! I hope my cd will help you, it's very calming and will probably put you to sleep xo

    ReplyDelete